Paul Etterling is a native of Ohio. He is married to Frances. They have three children, Kylie, David (who is now at home with Jesus), and Joel. He enjoys spending time with his family. They are Ohio State Buckeye fans and Cincinnati Reds fans. However, they disagree concerning the NFL. Paul is a life-long Cincinnati Bengals fan. But, the rest of the family…not so much. They are Pittsburgh Steelers fans.
Paul was raised in a Christian home. The influence of his parents and grandparents led him to faith in Jesus Christ. The influence of his pastor, Forrest Chamberlain, and his uncle, Blaine Etterling, led him to pastoral ministry.
Paul is a graduate of Shawnee State University, a graduate of Liberty University and an alumnus of Welch College. He currently serves as the lead pastor of the Westerville Free Will Baptist Church.
Paul’s desire is to lead people to a deep faith in Jesus Christ through Text-driven preaching and Biblical Counseling.
Your faith is a personal faith. But, it was never meant to be a private faith.Paul Etterling
- Westerville Free Will Baptist Church, Westerville, OH, Lead Pastor, 2007 – Present
- Westerville Free Will Baptist Church, Westerville, OH, Youth/Associate Pastor, 2002 – 2007
- Reynoldsburg Free Will Baptist Church, Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Lead Pastor, 1996-2002
- North Warren Free Will Baptist Church, Warren, MI, Youth Pastor, 1994-1995
Boards & Committees
- Ohio Home Mission Board, Ohio State Association of FWB, Secretary/Treasurer, 2013 – Present
- Franklin Conference Executive Committee, Franklin Conference of FWB, Moderator, 2018 – Present
- Paul has also served local and state conferences as the chairman of the Franklin Conference Mission Board, chairman of the Franklin Conference Board of Christian Education, and chairman of the Ohio Youth Conference.
- Genuine Faith and the Test of Love, Xulon Press, 2006
- “Power Under Control.” In Ohio Ministers Pulpit 2015, compiled by Alton E Loveless, 7-15. Columbus: FWB Publications, 2015.
- “Step By Step.” In Praise Reports, 171-172. United States: Xulon Press, 2007.
- “The Angel Tree.”, In I’ll Be Home For Christmas, 75. United States: Xulon Press, 2005
- The Value of the Conference, Ohio Ambassador Vol. 59 No. 1, January-February 2019
- The GIFT of Christmas, Ohio Ambassador Vol. 55 No. 6, November-December 2015
- Leader Profile: Paul Etterling, One Magazine, June-July 2015